Minutes of the Bishop’s Committee Meeting April 8, 2018
Present were: Amy Heimerl, Marla Van Wie, Sandra Blizzard, Jenny McKinney, Bill Pittman and Deacon Linda Schmidt.
We opened with prayer.
The minutes of the last meeting were read and approved.
A. Spring Cleaning Day: April 29, 2018 after Church. Please plan to attend.
B. Youth News—AYM coming to a close 1. One session left: April 18 (Pizza and practice for the Youth Celebration Sunday) 2. Youth Celebration Sunday April 22, 2018 @10:00 3. Potential Summer Fun Day at Purpora’s July 14
C. Service time change. It was decided by vote that our service time be changed to 10:30 am beginning the first Sunday in May. We will need to change the sign out front. This is a trial and will be visited again if problems appear.
D. There was a conversation about offering a weekday “connection”. Perhaps it might be saying Compline by candlelight after AYM.
E. Deacon Linda informed the committee that Father Ken Guy will no longer be a supply at Ascension as he wants to retire again. Fr. has helped Ascension with his time and beautiful words, his expertise and advice for 10 years beyond his first retirement! He is now wanting to attend church instead of doing church and we can all understand that. We thank him greatly and will miss him immensely. We will now be looking for someone else to come once a month as we can only have Communion from the Reserved Sacrament twice a month. Amy will talk to the Bishop for suggestions to move forward.
F. There was a discussion about the prayer ministry that we are embarking upon. There is an old, but beautiful tabernacle in the basement and we are wondering if it can be re-purposed as a prayer box outside of the church. Amy will talk to the Bishop for that also. We will be gathering a “prayer group” together which will meet regularly to pray for what ever is asked. We will also offer prayer to anyone who is in need of any sort during our rummage sale in June.
Upcoming Dates and Events to be aware of:
1. The Executive Council will be meeting at Ascension on Thursday, June 7th from 10:00 to 2:00. We will need to provide lunch, etc. Deacon Linda, Ellin, Joe and Sandra volunteered to help set that up.
2. The Spring Conference will be held on April 28th in Appleton. Anyone can go. If you want to go, you will need to register soon. It will begin at 8:30 and end at 3:00.
3. Our annual rummage sale in Friday June 1st from 3-7and Saturday June 2nd 8-4.
4. Eucharistic Festival: Cathedral in Fond du Lac Saturday, June 30th at 11:00am. There will be a commissioning of General Convention Deputies including Amy who will attend the Convention in Austin TX from July 3rd to the 14th. 5. Summer Camp: (Scholarships available) Kindercamp: June 29-July 1: ages 4-7 with a parent or adult family member ; Senior Camp: June 17-23 for those who have completed grades 9-12 ; Middler Camp-June 24-29 for those who have completed grades 6-8 ; Junior Camp-June 24-29 for those who have completed grades 2-5
6. Out door worship service: August 19, 2018 at 10:45am. Deacon Linda made reservations.
7. Breaking Bread 2018 is November 15th. This is a whole parish event including kids.
Treasurer’s Report: We paid off the loan for our addition! All else is satisfactory.
Closing Prayer was offered by Deacon Linda.
Next meeting: Sunday May 20th at 8:45am.
List of Building Issues still to be addressed: -The windows in the belfry—estimate from Eric Heimerl $2,500.00. Clear glass vinyl double hung. -Windows in basement?? Estimate from Eric $2,500.00 for 5 windows and vinyl awning. -Cedar Shakes-replace—need estimate -Masonry cross -The basement door/landing—steel door -Yard work/trees growing out of window wells